Arriving in London this Autumn, My Name is Prince, will be the first ever exhibition dedicated entirely to the late Prince Rogers Nelson.
According to the exhibition website, the event “will showcase hundreds of never before seen artefacts direct from Paisley Park, Prince’s famous Minnesota private estate. Visitors will get a unique insight into the life, creativity and vision of one of the most naturally gifted recording artists of all time.”
Taking place at the O2 Arena, My Name is Prince will commence on October 27th 2017, and will run for 21 days to reflect the 21 sold out shows he played at the venue in August/September 2007.
As the Vinyl Factory reports, the exhibition includes:
– Clothing from the 1984/1985 Purple Rain tour
– Clothing from the 1988/1989 LoveSexy tour
– Wardrobe from the 1990 film, Graffiti Bridge
– Gibson L65 guitar that Prince used when he made his national television debut on American Bandstand in 1980 (also used on the Prince tour and Dirty Mind tour
– The original bass that was the inspiration for the Cloud guitar
– The orange Cloud guitar made for Prince’s 2007 Super Bowl halftime performance (used during The Earth tour in 2007)
– Third-eye sunglasses from 2014
– Diamond studded cane from 2015
– Clothing worn during the 2007 3121 shows, 21 nights at The O2 shows and more
– Diamond vest worn during his 2013 V magazine shoot
– The Raspberry Beret cloud suit from 1985
You can buy tickets here.