Classic Album Sundays Special Saturday by:Larm-edition: NIRVANA ‘Bleach’ (Sub Pop, 1989) – Sub Pop Records’ founder Bruce Pavitt in conversation with Matthew McDermott (Resident Advisor)
3.30pm album play: ‘Bleach’ (play time: 42:44)
4.15pm Q&A with the audience
Nirvana’s classic, which brought Seattle’s grunge movement to international attention, remains one of Sub Pop’s best known releases to date.
We’re lucky to have none other than Sub Pop label founder Bruce Pavitt to tell the behind the scenes story of how he signed Nirvana.
Together with Resident Advisors Matthew McDermott he shares the background to the making of this audio landmark and his thoughts about the rock historic changes that followed and spread around the world, before we lean back, turn up the volume and listen to Bleach from beginning to end on a world class audiophile sound system.
AUDIO MENU (by Duet Audio):
– TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Venti
– TONEARM: Triplanar MK.VII 10″
– PICKUP: Ortofon Cadenza Black
– AMPLIFIER: Soulution 330
– SPEAKERS: Piega Classic 80.2
– SUB: Piega PS-1
– DAMPER FEET: Foq + SRM-Tech sorbothane
– PHONO CABLE: Midas Reference Flavia
– SPEAKER CABLE: Midas Reference Silje
– POWER CONDITIONER: Isol-8
Time and Date: Saturday 29th February 2020 3:00pm – 4:30pm
Matthew McDermott with Bruce Pavitt