A huge influence on post punk acts like The Smiths, Patti Smith’s debut album ‘Horses’ emerged from New York’s music underground in late 1975. A cornerstone of the burgeoning punk rock scene, ‘Horses’ is truly a classic album with poetic beauty. Produced by John Cale of the Velvet Underground, it also includes guest musicians Tom Verlaine of Television and Allen Lanier of Blue Oyster Cult on ‘Elegie’. The latter, written about Jimi Hendrix’s death, is made more poignant by the fact that it was recorded at the famous Electric Lady Studios.
If you haven’t heard it before, here’s your chance!
To enter you must follow @ClassicAlbumSun on Twitter and tweet:
“I want to win a vinyl copy of #PattiSmith ‘Horses’ and @KlipschAudio earphones via @ClassicAlbumSun”
Terms and conditions are below and the winner will be notified on Monday 2nd November 2015 at 12 pm GMT
Terms and conditions:
1.This competition is open to fans following Classic Album Sundays aged 21 years or over.
2. Employees of Classic Album Sundays or persons in any with involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. To enter, entrants need to Tweet “I want to win a vinyl copy of #PattiSmith ‘Horses’ and @KlipschAudio earphones via @ClassicAlbumSun”
4. This competition will commence at 13.00pm (GMT) 26th October 2015. The cut off time for entries will be 11:30 am on Monday 2nd November 2015. Winners will be notified by 1 pm that day (Monday).
5. CAS accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the CAS by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
6. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
7. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
8. There will be one winner who will win a copy of Patti Smith ‘Horses’ on vinyl and Klipsch Audio S3M earphones.
9. No entrant may win more than one prize.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, CAS reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be notified on Monday 2nd November 2015. The winner must claim their prize within 24 hours of the CAS sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and CAS reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
14. By entering the competition one agrees to the above terms and conditions.