We are always looking for ways to interact with our listeners and we know that many of you have big opinions when it comes to music! Therefore, we are launching a Classic Album Blog Contest in two different categories: Modern Classic and Forgotten Classic.
We are asking budding music writers to submit a 800-1000 word blog on one of their favourite Modern Classics (a record released from 2000 and onwards) or their favourite Forgotten Classic (an album that doesn’t traditionally make it onto Top Album lists). The piece needs to tell the story of the album and explain why it is a classic and has a legacy.
The winning pieces will be published on our Classic Album Sundays website and the winners will receive a pair of Klipsch Reference R6 In- Ear Headphones. The piece must be submitted by 30th September at email@example.com.
Have a read through some of our Classic Album Blogs here.
Pens at the ready, get set, go…
Terms and conditions:
1.This competition is open to fans following Classic Album Sundays aged 18 years or over.
2. Employees of Classic Album Sundays or persons in any with involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. To enter, entrants need to submit either a 800-1000 word blog about a Modern Classic Album or a 800-1000 word blog about a Future Classic Album to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible publication on our website.
4. This competition will commence at 9 am (GMT) 1st September 2016. The cut off time for entries will be 11:59pm on Friday 30th September 2016. Winners will be notified by 1pm on Monday 3rd October 2016.
5. CAS accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the CAS by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
6. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
7. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
8. There will be one winner for the Modern Classic Blog contest who will win a pair of Klipsch R6 Headphones and one winner for the Forgotten Classic Blog who will win a pair of Klipsch R6 Headphones.
9. No entrant may win more than one prize.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, CAS reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be notified on Tuesday 30th August 2016. The winner must claim their prize within 5 days of the CAS sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and CAS reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
14. By entering the competition one agrees to the above terms and conditions.