August 2016 marks 46 years since Neil Young released his third solo album ‘After The Gold Rush’. The album was featured in producer Simon Heyworth’s Top 5 Albums Of All Time and he would comment:
“I was in college in California in the late 60’s and grew up with the whole West Coast Music scene, going to every concert I possibly could from Buffalo Springfield, The Band, Grateful Dead to Jefferson Airplane and many more including all the English acts of the time who toured the States. But it was the music surrounding Buffalo Springfield and a song called ‘For What It’s Worth’ which drove my interest in recording and the art of capturing a moment. Buffalo Springfield spawned Neil Young who went on to record his first solo albums in the late 60’s. ‘After The Gold Rush’ has all the feelings I experienced watching those concert performances of the late sixties. It’s like the ‘top of the tree’ of that time for me.”
For a chance to win a copy of the LP courtesy of Classic Album Sundays and Warner Music UK you must follow @ClassicAlbumSun on Twitter and tweet:
I wanna win a #Vinyl copy of #NeilYoung “After the Gold Rush” via @ClassicAlbumSun & @WarnerMusicUK http://bit.ly/2ax5Cjh
Terms and conditions are below and the winner will be notified on Tuesday 16th August 2016 at 13:00 GMT.
Terms and conditions:
1.This competition is open to fans following Classic Album Sundays aged 21 years or over.
2. Employees of Classic Album Sundays or persons in any with involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. To enter, entrants need to follow Classic Album Sundays on Twitter and tweet: I wanna win a #Vinyl copy of #NeilYoung “After the Gold Rush” via @ClassicAlbumSun & @WarnerMusicUK
4. This competition will commence at 12.00pm (GMT) 9th August 2016. The cut off time for entries will be 11:59pm on Monday 15th August 2016. Winners will be notified by 13:00pm on Tuesday 16th August 2016.
5. CAS accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the CAS by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
6. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
7. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
8. There will be one winner who will win a pair of guest list spots for the event on Sunday. These tickets are non-transferable.
9. No entrant may win more than one prize.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, CAS reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be notified on Tuesday 16th August 2016. The winner must claim their prize within 24 hours of the CAS sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and CAS reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
14. By entering the competition one agrees to the above terms and conditions.
Posted on: August 9, 2016