Following on from our fantastic event with Eddie Kramer celebrating his photography exhibition at Proud Galleries in Camden we decided to hold a special giveaway of Led Zeppelin ‘II’ to coincide with the 46th anniversary of it’s release. Alongside the album we will also be giving away a pair of Klipsch earphones.
Release in 1969 the album brought a heavy blues based sound that is often regarded as one of the most influential rock albums of all time, it was also the first time the band teamed up with Eddie Kramer.
When reviewing the re-issue, Pitchfork’s Mark Richardson would remark, “Every track on this record is musically brilliant, and in the span of just a few months it’s amazing how much Page had enriched the band’s sound. Chiming acoustic guitars provide the contrast to the crunch in a whole new way on “Ramble On” and “Thank You”, offering yet another template for mixing folk with proto-metal. “Whole Lotta Love” might have gotten the band sued by Willie Dixon, but there was no sonic precedent for it in rock music—it’s a sound that would have been unimaginable without the rise of drug culture.”
If you haven’t heard it before, here’s your chance!
To enter you must follow @ClassicAlbumSun on Twitter and tweet:
“I Whole Lotta Love @ClassicAlbumSun and want to win a copy of #LedZeppelin II and @KlipschAudio earphones!”
Terms and conditions are below and the winner will be notified on Monday 26th October 2015 at 12 pm GMT
Terms and conditions:
1.This competition is open to fans following Classic Album Sundays aged 21 years or over.
2. Employees of Classic Album Sundays or persons in any with involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. To enter, entrants need to Tweet “I Whole Lotta Love @ClassicAlbumSun and want to win a copy of #LedZeppelin II and @KlipschAudio headphones!”
4. This competition will commence at 13.00pm (GMT) 19th October 2015. The cut off time for entries will be 11:30 am on Monday 26th October 2015. Winners will be notified by 1 pm that day (Monday).
5. CAS accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the CAS by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
6. Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
7. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
8. There will be one winner who will win a copy of Led Zeppelin II on vinyl and Klipsch Audio S3M earphones.
9. No entrant may win more than one prize.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, CAS reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be notified on Monday 26th October 2015. The winner must claim their prize within 24 hours of the CAS sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and CAS reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
14. By entering the competition one agrees to the above terms and conditions.
Posted on: October 19, 2015